Clontarf Aboriginal College
The music program is now in its fourth year and is continually evolving. This year the Certificate II in Music was introduced to Year Eleven and Twelve students and was a great success.
The Clontarf Aboriginal College Contemporary band consists of students from Years Nine to Twelve.
The College band is a talented group of young musicians who always turn up to rehearsals and performances with a willingness to learn and always improve their knowledge, skills, and artistic sensitivity. The students must be praised for their tremendous teamwork as they are always prepared to help set up and pack away the music equipment after every performance. As well as the Contemporary band, the College has its own choir that performs regularly throughout the year at various masses held in the College Chapel.
YEARS 7 – 12
1. Clontarf Aboriginal College encourages students to participate in the Music Program offered from years 7 – 10 in 2017.
2. The Music teacher will decide which instrument is to be learned, according to the needs of the College Band and the student’s preferences and experience.
3. The following instruments offered for study at the College in 2017 are:
- Bass Guitar
- Electric and acoustic guitar
4. Instrumental music lessons are 45 minutes in duration and take place during the school day. It is the responsibility of the student to attend each lesson at their appointed time.
5. It is anticipated that students join the College contemporary band if selected by the Music teacher. Band rehearsals are held after school on Tuesdays however, the College band may rehearse at other times if considered necessary by the Music teacher. Students not in the music program who would like to join the College band may do so through an audition process.
6. It is expected that students who participate in the Music program at Clontarf Aboriginal College dedicate themselves for performances inside and outside of the College and into the wider community.
7. Classroom Music education units such as Music techniques and Music studies will be studied during the normal College timetable.
Year 11 and 12
The senior students have the opportunity to complete a Certificate II in Music (CUA20615)
If you have any questions about the Music Program please call:-
Mr Damien Dimasi, Music Teacher on (08) 9251 0666.
© 2017 Clontarf Aboriginal College
Website Design & Maintenance
by Chameleon Logic